|Christmas vintage string of lights table runner|
|Christmas lights table runner|
I quilted it with using my walking foot and used the diamond grid in the background fabric as a guide. I found it still necessary to mark the border to keep the quilting lines straight. Aurifil 1147 light leaf green was the prefect match. I quilted right over the applique and bias stems and it worked perfectly.
|Threads for applique and quilting|
The table runner measures 16 1/2" x 33" only because I was limited on the fabric. It could easily be made the width of your fabric (using the same yardage given in the tutorial) or even longer. I found a great backing in my stash.
|Christmas table runner and back|
The majority of the students choose the make the table runner and made great progress in class.
- Finished size: 16 1/2" x 33"
- Pattern: Blue Christmas Machine Applique Tutorial
- Fabrics: Background - Harlequin by Blend Fabric; Border - Ornamentals by Cotton and Steel
- Thread: Applique - Mettler; Quilting - Aurifil 1147 light leaf green
- Quilting design: Straight line with walking foot on my Bernina 153
- Batting: 100% Cotton Warm & White by the Warm Company
- Completed: November 2016
Linking to Finish it up Friday, Finished or Not Friday, Whoop Whoop Friday, Fabric Frenzy Friday and Show Off Saturday.