|Colorful Cats pillow cover by Paige Alexander|
Since my swap partner was limited on wall space, she requested a pillow cover instead of a mini quilt. I found the Cat Block pattern by Elizabeth Hartman offered as a free download from Janome. The pillow finished at 20" x 20" which for a perfect size.
I incorporated some fussy cut elements into some of the blocks using fabrics from Hello Darling and Vintage Market with a few other fabrics added. I used Michael Miller Cotton Couture in Bright White for the background. Here are the finished blocks on the design wall. I was still deciding on the arrangement of the cat blocks.
|Cat Blocks made from Elizabeth Hartman's pattern|
|Quilting lines marked with a hera marker|
|After four lines of quilting on Colorful Cats|
Now here is where patience is needed. You just keep quilting, line after line, until it is finally quilted.
|Crosshatch quilting on Colorful Cats|
|Traditional binding on Colorful Cats|
- Finished size: 20" x 20" pillow with envelope backing
- Pattern: Cat Block and Pillow by Elizabeth Hartman for Janome
- Binding: 3/8" finished straight grain binding finished by machine using a Riley Blake dot
- Fabrics: Hello Darling by Bonnie and Camille for Moda, Vintage Market by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake and others
- Batting: 100% Cotton Warm & White by the Warm Company
- Thread: Aurifil 2024 White for piecing and quilting
- Quilting: Crosshatch using the edge of the walking foot as a guide
From looking at the Instagram account of my swap partner, I knew she had a cute little kitten. Rather than making a little something extra for her, I made a stuffed kitty for daughter. The pattern for the kitty was from a panel by VIP. I saw the pattern on blog and wish I could give them credit, but I did find the same panel in this Etsy listing. This also shows the envelope backing for the pillow cover using a print from Vintage Market.
|Calico Kitty made from a vintage VIP panel pattern|
Linking up to Finish Up Friday, Whoop Whoop Friday, Jenn at A Quarter Inch from the Edge hosting Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday this week, Fabric Frenzy Friday, Whoop, There It Is! and Show Off Saturday.